Directions (Q. 1 – 3) : Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions: There are fourteen friends in which seven of them are facing South and seven of them facing North. L, M, N, O, P, Q and R are sitting in a row facing South but not necessarily in the same order. T, V, D, W, A, B and C are friends sitting in a row facing North not necessarily in the same order. P is sitting third to the left of M and facing A. L is sitting at one end of row. The person who is sitting at one end of row is facing T. N is sitting third to the right of Q, who is facing B. V is sitting third left of A and facing M. C is sitting third right of W and facing R. T is sitting on the extreme left of the row. O and Q are not the immediate neighbours.
1. Who are the person sitting in the middle of the row in both the rows ?
1) P and A 2) N and D 3) O and W 4) W and N 5) N and A
2. Who are the person sitting at the end of the row, facing North ?
1) C and V 2) B and T 3) C and T 4) A and T 5) V and B
3. Which of the following pair is correct ?
1) P – B 2) O – B 3) R – C 4) N – W 5) L – V
Directions (Q. 4 – 7): Read the information carefully and answer the following questions :
If A × B means A is the sister of B. If A + B means A is the mother of B.
If A – B means A is the brother of B. If A ÷ B means A is the father of B.
4. If M + N ÷ R – S, then M is S –
1) Sister 2) Grandfather 3) Grandmother 4) Father 5) None of these
5. If R × T ÷ P – S + N , then R is N’s –
1) Great Aunt 2) Brother 3) Maternal Uncle 4) Mother 5) None of these
6. Which of the following shows that ‘R’ is the aunt of E ?
1) R – T + P ÷ S × E 2) R × T ÷ P × S – E 3) R ÷ T × P + S – E 4) R × T – P × S ÷ E 5) None of these
7. Which of the following shows that R is the grand father of E ?
1) R ÷ S × T – P ÷ E 2) R + S – T – P ÷ E 3) R × S – T + P ÷ E 4) R × S + T ÷ P – E 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 8 – 10): Read the information carefully and answer the following questions :
8. Eighteen passengers were killed and More then 145 injured when the Dina–Sawantwadi passenger train derailed outside a tunnel in Raigad district.
Courses of Action :
A) Medical teams should be dispatched to the sport and cranes were pressed into action to clear the debris.
B) A special helpline should be set up by the Konkan railway to help the passengers and on special team should be set up by the railway board, to conduct an enquiry.
C) Railway should divert all the trains running on this track for next 48 hrs.
1) Only A 2) Both B and C 3) Both A and C 4) All of the above 5) Both A and B
9. A section of auto–rickshaw drivers have decided to go on a symbolic one day strike which of the following assumptions is implicit in the above statement ? (An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted.)
1) The auto drivers are protesting against the Delhi Government’s order issued last week making GPS meters mandatory in all auto–rickshaws.
2) The transport department has stopped issuing fitness certificate to auto–rickshaws.
3) The strike will put daily commuters in deep problem in reaching to their destination.
4) Government will make a special arrangement on the roads, to overcome the strike.
5) Government will call the auto–rickshaw drivers for the solution of their problem.
Directions (Q. 10): Read the following information carefully and answer the given questions : India has the largest postal networks in the world with over 1.55 lakh post offices. Most of them in rural areas. The network has grown seven fold since independence with the focus of this expansion primarily on rural areas, yet the growth in terms of numbers and reach is slowing down.
A) Several new products and services like speed post, Internet banking for saving account, i– money and e–post have added a contemporary resonance to the post office.
B) All the Government of India has announced that all post offices in the country will be modernised by using modern technology as the post card still takes lots of time to deliver.
C) Post office has inaugurated its first ATM’s in Chennai and by 2015 March the department will be opening 2800 more such ATM’s.
D) Government of India is thinking of giving license of Indian post for banking by which government can easily tapped the customers in rural areas, which will need in financial inclusion.
E) People are neither interested in reading the letters nor they are interested in writing it. Even in the villages peoples are beginning to find electronic means of interacting. More convenient and user friendly.
10. Which of the following among (A), (B), (C) and (D) may be there as on behind the modernisation of Indian Post ?
1) Only B 2) Only C 3) Only D 4) Both B and C 5) Only A
1. 3; 2. 3; 3. 3;
4.3; M + N means M is mother of B ––––– (I)
N ÷ R means N is father of R ––––––––– (II)
R – S means R is brother of S –––––––– (III)
From the above statement it is clear that M is the
grandmother of S.
5. 1; R is N’s mother’s brother’s father’s sister.
= R in N’s mother’s father’s sister.
= R is N’s mother’s aunt.
= R is N’s great aunt.
6. 2; Given expression in the earlier question R × T ÷ P × S – E
Now know, R × T means R is the sister of T.
T ÷ P means T is the father of P.
P × S means P is the sister of S.
S – E means S is the brother of E.
So, it is clear that P, S and E’s father is T. Now since R is
sister of B, it means R is the aunt of E.
7. 1; R ÷ S means R is the father of S.
S × T means S is sister of T.
T – P means T is brother of P.
P ÷ E means P is the father of E.
From the above statement it is clear that R is the grandfather of E.
8. 4; 9. 1;
10.1; Letters takes lot of time in getting delivered from one place to another.
Option C talks about the post office ATM and its expansion plan.
Option D talks about the new set up of post office i. e post office banks.
Option A explains about the new services launched by the Indian post.