Directions (Q. 1-6) : Read the given information and answer the following questions : There are six Doctors – Neeraj, Mohit, Puran, Rinki, Pankaj and Rajeev from six different hospitals – Fortis, Medanta, Apollo, Batra, Max healthcare and Columbia Asia are attending a seminar in Delhi. They are staying in three different hotels of Delhi. At least two Doctor’s are staying at the same hotels. Each of them is a specialist in different fields Paediatrics, Radiology, Oncology, Neurology, Pathology and Orthopaedics. Neeraj stays in Taj hotel and he is from Medanta but he is neither Radiologist nor Oncologist. Pankaj is from Fortis and he is Orthopaedician. He does not stay with Puran. Rinki stays with the doctor from Batra. One of the doctors who stay in Oberoi hotel is a Radiologist. Mohit is not from Apollo and Columbia Asia and heis Neurologist. One of the doctors who stay in Radisson hotel is a Pathologist. Rajeev is neither from max healthcare nor from Columbia Asia. Oncologist and Orthopaedician do not stay in Taj hotel. Doctors from Fortis and Apollo stay together. The Neurologist stays in Taj hotel. The doctor who is Orthopaedics stays at Oberoi hotel.
1. Who stays in Radisson hotel ?
1) Neeraj – Puran 2) Rinki – Rajeev 3) Puran – Rinki 4) Pankaj – Puran 5) None of these
2. Who is Paediatrician ?
1) Rajiv 2) Pankaj 3) Mohit 4) Neeraj 5) None of these
3. Who stays with Rajeev ?
1) Neeraj 2) Puran 3) Rinki 4) Mohit 5) Pankaj
4. Which hospital does Puran belong to ?
1) Batra 2) Max healthcare 3) Fortis 4) Columbia Asia 5) Medanta
5. In which hotel does Mohit stay ?
1) Taj 2) Oberoi 3) Radisson 4) Can’t be determined 5) None of these
6. Who is the specialist of Pathology ?
1) Puran 2) Mohit 3) Pankaj 4) Rinki 5) Either Puran or Rinki
7. Sunil went to the market 8 km. away in the south-east direction. From there he turns to his left and moves 13 km. in that direction. Then, he finally turns towards south and moves 12 km in that direction. How far away and in which direction is Sunil from the market ?
1) 5 km. East 2) 7 km. North 3) 9 km. East 4) 5 km. South-East 5) None of these
8. The son of M is the father of C and grandfather of R. S is the Son of C brother of N. How is N related to R ?
1) Brother 2) Uncle 3) Son 4) Nephew 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 9 – 10): Read the following information carefully and answer the given question : Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE) requested all schools to encourage students on considering the eco-friendly options of Canvas shoes. The CBSE has advised schools not to make leather shoes mandatory for students and opt for canvas shoes as part of the uniform instead. The production of leather involves toxic chemicals, whose use can be reduced if the usage of leather shoes isn’t made mandatory in schools.
A) Leather shoes come at a huge environmental and animal welfare cost.
B) CBSE is advising the schools and the ultimate decision would be left to them.
C) Canvas shoes are more resistant to wear-and-tear and can be used for every day wear.
D) Students would be sensitive towards environment and animals.
E) Protection of the environment needs to be practiced as much as it is preached.
9 . Which of the following among (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E) may be the reason behind the request of CBSE to all the schools ?
1) Only A 2) Both C and B 3) Both D and A 4) Only B 5) None of these
10. Which of the following among (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E) may be the probable effect of encouraging students to considering eco-friendly options ?
1) Both A and C 2) Only C 3) Both D and E 4) Only D 5) None of these
(Q. 1- 6) :
Neeraj —> Taj – Medanta – Paediatric
Pankaj —> Oberoi – Fortis – Orthopaedics
Rajeev —> Oberoi – Apollo – Radiologist
Mohit —> Taj – Max – Neurologist
Puran – Radisson – Batra – Pathology/Oncologist
Rinki – Radisson – Columbia Asia – Pathology / Oncologist
1. 3; 2.4; 3.5; 4.1; 5. 1; 6. 5;
9.1; The option (I) is the valid reason as leather shoes production involves chemicals and leather from animals.
10.4; Due to encouragement students will be more concerned towards the eco-friendly options