In this era of digitalization, creating an online presence is crucial for different organizations and specifically small businesses.
An online presence helps businesses, organizations, and other individuals market their skills, talents, and brand. People can create an online presence for their business or brand through a website.
For this, they need to create different websites with the help of technical codes. But many people do not know the different codes that help to create a website.
All such people can make use of the website builders to easily get their websites created without any code.
One such website builder is GoDaddy. GoDaddy is a website building platform with an easy to use interface. This software helps users create websites quickly.
These users can get their websites created for different purposes. They may create a business website, a blogging website, a shopping store, etc.
Now let us know in detail about GoDaddy.
GoDaddy Website Builder
GoDaddy is a website building platform that was founded in 1997. This platform was founded as Jomax Technologies by Bob Parsons.
This software, in addition to assisting in the creation of websites, is a domain registrar and offers web hosting services and SSL certificates to users.
The headquarters of GoDaddy are located in Scottsdale, Arizona. The platform provides services worldwide to users. It earned approximately 2.98 billion dollars from its services in 2019. All this is possible due to the hard work of the company’s 7,000 employees.
Besides the number of employees, several other numerical figures will help you believe the popularity of GoDaddy. The platform has 14 offices in different places, like Seattle and Belgrade.
The number of entrepreneurs that have used this platform to create websites for their businesses or other purposes is more than 20,000,000. GoDaddy provides more than 80,000,000 domain names to such users.
Now let us have a look at the different features of GoDaddy that make it one of the best website builders.
1. Sites for Different Purposes
GoDaddy helps its users create websites for different purposes including booking appointments, selling products, and hosting blogs.
Different features that help the software create websites for different purposes are as follows:
- GoDaddy website builder offers its users to manage various aspects of their websites in a single location. Using this platform, you can manage your entire website, social media, email marketing, and e-commerce all in one place.
- The website maker has excellent mobile editing and designing facilities. It helps you create a responsive website. This means your website can easily adapt to the screen resolution of the device on which it is operating.
- To help you create different types of websites, GoDaddy also provides website hosting services. Website hosting ensures that your site runs smoothly without any errors.
- This website creator also has many customizable themes. These customizable themes make it possible for users to create different types of websites. You can make use of more than 20 theme filters. This filter will help you modify the look of your website by changing the colors, font, layout, etc.
- GoDaddy also helps you create content for your website. This is possible by using the beautiful templates, graphics, and forms of this software.
- GoDaddy’s Web pages have a fast page loading performance. This helps you attract a target audience to your website.
2. Tools to Create Your Website
The website builder helps you create your website. But what are the important features that help in the process of creating a website?
Let us have a look at these tools.
- GoDaddy has a click-and-drag reorder feature. This feature assists users in creating their websites by allowing them to move a section. All they need to do is click on the particular section and move it.
- GoDaddy also offers various promotional banners to users. The users can place these promotion banners on their shopping or business websites.
- One of the most important features of GoDaddy site builder is the backup and restore option. This feature helps you sleep soundly by knowing that you already have a backup for your website.
- You can use a variety of customizable themes to build a concept or base for your website. This base will also help you change and improve the look of your website so that it fits your tastes.
- Another advantage of using GoDaddy to create your website is the number of pages that you can create with it. Using the software’s Drop-Down menu, GoDaddy allows you to create an infinite number of pages. You can include the various pages in the drop-down menu option.This also makes it easier for users to navigate your website.
- This platform also provides you with the option to link your contact information with your website. This makes it easy for people to get in touch with you and ask about your business or brand.
- GoDaddy has a single image library. This helps you keep all your pictures in a single library.
- This software helps you integrate calls to action into your websites. Calls to action help attract sales and attention to the important products or pages of your website.
- Another advantage of GoDaddy is that it helps you create password-protected pages. Such pages help users secure their information.
3. Marketing Features
GoDaddy not only assists you in creating a website, but also in marketing it. This is because creating an online presence without making sure that people know about it is a waste. So GoDaddy helps its users in the process of website promotion.
- GoDaddy helps you with search engine optimization. Through effective search engine optimization, you can improve your ranking on different search engine result pages like Bing, Google, Chrome, etc.
- This website building platform also helps you connect your website with your company’s Facebook page. In this way, your visitors can easily learn a lot about your brand or business.
- GoDaddy not only helps you create your business website but also gets it listed on Google My Business Listings, Google Search, and Maps.
- You can also connect your Instagram account with your website created through GoDaddy. GoDaddy helps you get insights about your performance by going to the GoDaddy dashboard.
- By sending emails to your visitors, you can increase engagement and convert leads.
- GoDaddy has a review widget. This tool allows users to get information about their business from Facebook or Google and display it on their website.
- You can also establish a connection with your visitors using GoDaddy. This is possible by sending customized messages to your visitors from the dashboard of this software.
- Another marketing feature of GoDaddy is the ability to create social media posts. This helps you create appealing posts on this software. These posts can easily attract traffic to your website.
4. Features Related to Web Analytics
Once you create your website and market it, you need to keep a check on it. Checking on the performance will help you know whether your website is running smoothly or not.
GoDaddy not only assists you in creating your website, but also in testing its functionality later on. It does so through its various functions, which can help you track your performance.
- GoDaddy assists users in tracking their search engine ranking. This will help you know whether you need to improve your ranking on the search engine result pages or not.
- You can also receive Facebook insights with the help of GoDaddy. These insights include your posts, views, likes, etc.
- This software helps you track orders on a shopping website. You can track your orders and their shipment procedures on your dashboard.
- This website building platform also provides you with features to manage your online comments.
- In the case of an online store, users can receive automatic checkout reminders. This means they can know the customers who came back to their carts to purchase some items.
- To ensure that your website functions smoothly, GoDaddy’s website builder also provides you with suggestions and recommendations. These recommendations help you improve your online presence.
- Apart from the suggestions, you can also receive advice based on the business or industry in which you are functioning. This advice is based on the data of more than 1 million Go Daddy customers.
- The insights feature also lets you know the number of page views and a comparison score. This comparison score is against similar or competitive websites.
- Web analytics help you connect to Pinterest Meta tags, Google Analytics, and other such tools. To add another similar tool, you can use the HTML element.
5. Ecommerce Features
This platform makes it very easy for GoDaddy customers to create an online store. This online store can help you sell products and services from any corner of the world. Products or services can include digital or physical products.
One of the best features of GoDaddy is that it helps you manage all such products in a single place.
Let us have a look at different options that can help you create an e-commerce website on GoDaddy.
- The e-commerce website created through GoDaddy can accept payments through different options. These options include credit cards, Apple Pay, PayPal, etc.
- You can promote your products by offering discounts or coupons to customers through your e-commerce website.
- GoDaddy helps you create different tax and shipping rates according to your preferences.
- The software also provides the option of abandoned cart recovery. This means you can remind your customers about the products they’ve kept in their cart.
- You can also provide product reviews to your customers on your website created through GoDaddy. These reviews can be in the form of downloaded files that exhibit your work.
6. Blog Features
Besides creating an online store or business website, you can also create a blogging website. Blogs are one of the best ways to attract traffic to your website.
These blogs are written content that aids in the dissemination of information on a specific subject to your target audience.
To create blogs on your website, you will require some tools. GoDaddy ensures that people are helped by providing them with the tools needed to create a blogging website.
- GoDaddy provides users with several customizable layouts. You can choose any design or layout to create your blogging website according to your niche.
- This software also allows you to leave comments on your blogs. Commenting will help your visitors interact with you and suggest different ideas for new blogs.
- Besides commenting, other features of GoDaddy include social sharing and email subscriptions. All such features are possible because of the built-in linking of GoDaddy with Disqus. But unfortunately, you can create content for your blogs only in the form of text, video, or images. The software does not provide an HTML editor to its users.
- GoDaddy has basic image editing features. These features will help you modify the images that can work with your blog.
- Users can create blogs in a variety of categories. So, GoDaddy provides the option to organize your content into different categories. You can then place the content on separate web pages on your website.
- One of the best blogging features of GoDaddy is that it helps you link your previous or existing blogs with the new one. This existing blog can even belong to other platforms.
7. GoDaddy Pricing Plans and Features
Before using any website builder, one of the most critical attributes that users consider is the pricing factor. While considering the price of different plans, the users also want to know the features that these plans offer.
So, before using GoDaddy, you should know its different pricing plans. GoDaddy has one of the lowest pricing plans out there on the market.
It also has a free trial. This trial can help you assess the functions of the software. If the functionality of the software meets your preferences, you can subscribe to its paid plans.
This website building platform has four different plans.
1. Basic Plan
The cheapest plan at GoDaddy is the basic plan, which costs $10 per month. This plan offers users a plethora of features. These features include blogging functions, image editing features, video implementation, etc.
Websites built with this plan have fast page load times and are fully mobile responsive. This means these websites can easily adopt the screen resolution of the mobile device on which they are operating.
Furthermore, basic plans offer users round-the-clock support. These users get access to SSL security, marketing and insights features, social sharing, and other built-in features of the platform as well.
2. Standard Plan
The next plan, in order, is the standard plan, costing $15 per month. The standard plan includes all the features of the basic plan plus some additional features as well.
These additional characteristics include more social sharing features and other search engine optimization options. This plan can also help you analyze your ranking on search engine result pages and improve it.
The platform also offers users suggestions to help them improve their ranking on these search engines.
3. Premium Plan
Another plan offered by GoDaddy is the premium plan. You can get access to this plan for $20 per month. There is a huge difference between the premium and standard plans.
The premium plan assists users in creating their website by providing a plethora of additional features.
These features can help you to accept payment through credit cards, sync your website with your social media accounts, book different classes or events, make appointments, check payment histories, and manage the details of your clients through client management tools.
4. E-Commerce Plan
The E-Commerce plan is GoDaddy’s final paid-up plan. The price of this plan is $25 per month. As the name suggests, the E-Commerce plan helps people create an online store. This online store is fully equipped with different features that will help it function to the best of its capabilities.
Different features of the e-commerce plan include the following:
- Modifying the shipping and tax rates
- Manage your products through fast-checking facility.
- Quickly manage orders and inventory.
- Users should be given discounts for special promotions.
- Send notifications to the users once they place their orders.
- reminding the customers about the products kept in their carts.
- Connect your website with different marketplaces like eBay and Amazon.
8. Domain Registration Services
GoDaddy provides one of the best domain registration services in the world. It is very easy to set up your domain using this website building platform.
Users can pay $9.99 for a one-year domain registration. But if you want to purchase the domain for two years or more, then the services for the first year cost only $0.01.
The platform also provides migration services. This means users can transfer a domain to this platform if they already have one.
But this is only possible only if the users subscribe to any one of the paid plans offered by GoDaddy. Users’ custom domains can be .com .net, for example.
9. GoDaddy Builder Security Features
Different packages from GoDaddy include SSL security. SSL stands for “secure socket layers.” SSL security helps to maintain the privacy of your data between a web browser and a web server.
It works as a connection between these two attributes. The security features allow only certain people to log into the web pages using their ID. Moreover, the uptime guarantee of GoDaddy is 99.9%.
Due to SSL security, you can be assured that your data remains confidential between the web server and the web browser. You do not need to expend additional effort or time to protect the privacy of your data.
10. Advertisement Facility
GoDaddy offers its customers free advertising. The users receive banners on top of all their web pages. However, they can even get this advertisement removed from the paid plans.
Unfortunately, GoDaddy does not help you create a multilingual website. But the dashboard of this software is available in several languages. The default language of the dashboard and the editor at GoDaddy is English.
12. Navigation Features
The websites created by GoDaddy are easy to navigate. It is possible to add a menu to your website through this software. This menu can display further options that can lead the visitor to new web pages.
A menu also makes it easier for users to navigate the website. But GoDaddy is not much suited to creating websites with more than 20 web pages.
13. Widgets and Other Tools
GoDaddy also has several other widgets and tools that can help you increase the functionality of your website. Using this software, you can add a website pop-up, an appointment scheduler, and a live chat messenger on your website.
But the disadvantage of GoDaddy is that it does not help its users by providing them with an application store. This may be a limiting factor of this website building platform.
The website that you create using GoDaddy can help you earn income through various means. You can even add Google AdSense to this website.
15. Search Engine Optimization
Though GoDaddy provides search engine optimization features to its users, they are quite basic. In terms of SEO services, GoDaddy’s free and first paid plans are only limited to page descriptions and titles.
Moreover, even after upgrading to the higher-priced plans, you receive limited services in terms of search engine optimization. The users cannot modify their blogs later to improve the SEO strategy and techniques.
One of the biggest disadvantages of this software is that you cannot change the URL of your pages. The URLs are automatically generated, and they change each time you change the title of the page.
This is very poor in terms of search engine optimization services. As a result, GoDaddy’s SEO tool is only useful if you are a beginner in this field.
16. Contact Information
GoDaddy has a sophisticated contact form feature. This feature can help you add different fields and your contact information to your website. You can even add a “message us on WhatsApp” option on your website.
To customize the look of your website and your contact information, choose any layout meant for this purpose. For example, you can include a map on your website that displays your address to visitors.
17. Newsletter Tool
The newsletter tool can help users with their email campaigns. The newsletter tools enable users to gain insights into their statistics. These statistics can include many clicks, opens, bounces, etc.
GoDaddy provides unlimited storage to users. It does not have any bandwidth or space limits. This website-building platform allows users to create up to 999 pages.
19. HTML Code
20. Site History Feature
Using the site history feature, you can create backups and restore your data. But restoring does not let you change your blogs or content.
21. Customer Support
The platform’s award-winning help center is available to users 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They can get answers to their questions by phone, chat, or FAQs. But they cannot use email to receive suggestions or recommendations from the software.
GoDaddy also provides different videos and guides that help people create websites. These videos contain detailed instructions on how to create a website on GoDaddy.
Besides the videos, the software also has a blog and a community forum to help the users. The telephone number of GoDaddy is 040 67607600.
22. WordPress Themes and Website Templates
GoDaddy offers a plethora of themes and templates to its users. The users can even customize or modify the look of these templates with the help of thousands of plugins in the software.
Let us have a look at the different themes of this website building platform.
1. Barista: This theme provides you with contemporary website design features. You can create your menu in bold using the barista theme. It helps you to place oversized images and animated buttons on your website.
2. Keynote: Keynote enables users to create a rotating image gallery. You can also create a homepage that provides a greater focus on your content to attract the audience.
3. Everett: Everett helps make your website easy to navigate by providing a huge amount of white space on your web pages. You can also design a front-page image gallery using this web template.
4. Philo: Philo is the best website template that can help you create an online store. You can enhance the shopping experience of your users by using this website template. It provides different designing features for your home, product, and shopping web pages.
5. Ashby: This theme template allows users to create web pages on a white background. You can further add your contact information and portfolio on this clean background.
6. Jane: Jane is another GoDaddy website templates that has bold typography and calls to action. You can even place product highlights by using this template on your website.
7. Bento: Bento is a modern template that can perfectly match your business requirements. It will help you provide a comfortable browsing experience for your users.
8. Chai: This template has some of the best image layouts. You can increase engagement on your website by using the muted colors of this template.
9. Figure: This template provides you with bold typography, oversized images, and other features. You can even add a call to action on your website using this template.
10. Alder: Alder provides a classic colour pattern for your web pages. It also has dedicated pages for different projects or purposes.
Godaddy Website Builder Review
Thus, GoDaddy is one of the best beginner-friendly website building platforms. This platform uses artificial design intelligence (ADI) to create a simple website or even create a professional-looking website for its users.
ADI helps create websites in a faster way. It makes use of the information entered by the users to create intriguing and compelling websites for beginners.
Now let us have a look at different FAQs that will help you clear your doubts regarding this website builder.
- Why should you get a domain name from GoDaddy?
GoDaddy provides one of the largest and most trusted domain registration services in the world. It helps people easily create their online presence with the help of a domain name.
The users can easily buy a domain name on GoDaddy by using the domain search tool feature of the software. They can also find the website address using the domain name generator tool.
- Why should you use the website hosting services of GoDaddy?
GoDaddy has approximately 20 years of experience in website hosting services. With the help of expert web designers, developers, and technology, GoDaddy provides one of the best website hosting services to its users.
Moreover, the website hosting services of this platform are completely secure, with an uptime guarantee of 99.29%.
- Why should you use GoDaddy to build your website?
GoDaddy is a fast website builder with an ease of use interface. It can help you create a website in any industry within minutes.
You can make use of different professional templates to create your website on GoDaddy. All you need to do is add images and text to these templates to create your online presence.
- Why should you choose GoDaddy for WordPress?
GoDaddy has some of the best and most reliable WordPress hosting plans, themes, and templates. Godaddy helps you to use these features by upgrading to the latest version of WordPress.
This helps you get the latest features of WordPress for your website. GoDaddy also helps you manage the content of your website from a single location.
You can enhance the look of your website due to the different themes and functionalities of this website builder.
- Can I directly start by choosing any of the paid plans at GoDaddy instead of the free plan?
You cannot directly initiate the process of creating a website through a paid plan. You need to click on the “Start for Free” button to start working on this website building platform.
After clicking on this button, you can immediately choose the next paid-up plan according to your preferences.
- Can I start working on the free plan after upgrading to any paid-up plan?
No, once you have started working on the paid-up plan, you cannot revert to the free plan. You can only start working on the free plan when you create a completely new website.